tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 20 07:57:24 2006

RE: KLBC: A Failure to Communicate

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

ter'eS:
> > I wouldn't use {ghaj} for "having a situation",
> > though.  I think you can only have things, not events.

DloraH:
>One can have fault.
>TKD p170 -- It's not my fault.  pIch vIghajbe'

A night can have stars:

   Hov ghajbe'bogh ram rur pegh ghajbe'bogh jaj
   A day without secrets is like a night without stars. PK

One can have honor:

   quv lughaj Archer HoD beqDaj je.
   Captain Archer and his crew are honorable people. (ENT "The Augments")

Something can "have gravity" {tlham ghaj} (slang for "have structure,
order") KGT 165.

And looking at {ghaj}'s antonym {Hutlh} "lack, be without, to not have",
one can lack a plan:

   nab Hutlh 'ach vang
   He/she lacks a plan, but he/she takes action
   (i.e. He/she improvises). KGT

One can of course lack honor:

   quv Hutlh HoHbogh tlhIngan 'ach qabDaj 'angbe'bogh
   A Klingon who kills without showing his face has no honor. TKW

   'ang'eghQo' quv Hutlhbogh jagh neH ghobtaHvIS ghaH
   Only an enemy without honor refuses to show himself in battle. TKW -

and something can "lack gravity" {tlham Hutlh} (i.e. "lack structure,
order") (KGT 165)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons