tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 06 05:29:52 2006

Re: Klingon WOTD: 'er'In (noun)

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

The difference is the same as left/right, or even back/front of an empty sheet of paper.

If - during a conversation - you tell me to write something on the front of the paper, and my name on the back of the paper, you shouldn't change the words you've used before.

Next, I believe using -vam/-vetlh on 'er'In and megh'an makes no sense, it sound like you're saying "this left side of the table" and "that left side of the table".

Of course left/right depends on where you stand, and the same applies to 'er'In and megh'an (while in this case, you can choose which comes first)

> I have a question especially taking in concern the synonym (?)

Actually, I think it should be called the opposite, although the english translation is the same word!

Quvar.

PS: anyone noted my annual qepHom in November?
---> http://www.qephom.de/d06_11.html