tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 06 05:03:37 2006

Re: Klingon WOTD: 'er'In (noun)

Raik Lorenz ([email protected])

Hello,

I have a question especially taking in concern the synonym (?) of {megh'an} and its alternating usage with {'er'In}, taking into account the possible distinction by using {-vam} and {-vetlh} on either of them.

So, how about {'er'Invam} vs. {'er'Invetlh} within the same piece discourse? Would this distinction equally make sense compared to using {megh'an} for the end not referred to by {'er'In}?

And if I once started using {'er'In} for the one end (of - say - a stick) and {megh'an} for the opposite end, could I possibly change towards referring to the latter by {'er'Invetlh} within the same discourse, or would this seem rather too odd (given, that the distinction through distinct suffixes is being understood in the first place)?

Satlho' 'ej Savan,
qIno'rIq

-------- Original-Nachricht --------