tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 26 02:32:28 2006

Re: Klingon word for "Bookmarklet"/"Favelet"?

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Okay, I translated my complete browser language file, so I needed to
construct some words too. (My complete Opera GUI is in Klingon)

Well, I didn't know the word "bookmarklet" til today, but I made up a simple
word for "bookmark". Maybe that helps.
BTW, this is legal to do, since TKD tells us how to make compound nouns.

I just combined "book" and "label" to *paqper*

And yes, I also used {Daq} for site in the sense of "website". Another
non-canonly used word is {mIw} "process" for "program" (computer program)

So maybe *paqpermIw* could be a "bookmarklet", although it sounds as
confusing as the english word. But why not? Terrans also invent new words
every day.

Qapla'!
  Quvar
aka