tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 25 10:24:06 2006

Klingon word for "Bookmarklet"/"Favelet"?

Christoph Pichlmann ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Since I'm currently writing one, I'm searching for a word for "Bookmarklet".

I tried to create a word myself, since I didn´t seem to find one.

A literal translation wouldn't work, of course, so I came up with:

Daq De' DubwI'

Daq for "site", i.e. website - a stretch, but hopefully an acceptable one. I
seem to recall that there is a list with commonly used non-canon words, but
I can´t find it.

Daq De' - Information of the site, since bookmarklets usually modify the
information of a site in one way or another, it seems fitting.

DubwI' - thing which improves. See above.

Thoughts?

Back to archive top level