tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 03 06:12:54 2006

Re: How do you say "pizza" in Klingon?

Eric Zay ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Alan Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

  >What doesn't work? "Pizza" has no "z" sound in the first place, so
>that's a silly argument.

  Well someone got up on the wrong side of the QongDaq today.  Feeling a little pissy today are we?  As for your comments I beg to differ.  Depending on reigonal pronunciation "Pizza" is pronounced with either a "z" or an "s".  Neither of which exists in Klingon.  So your objection is just...well...silly.

  >And it doesn't apply anyway, because he's
>not suggesting that the word be respelled to fit the typical Klingon
>phonology. It's just being borrowed directly. Just like saying
>"croissant" in English, which lacks the distinctive nasal vowelish
>sound at the end.

  You read alot into his statement.  All I saw was:

  And at least one answer to the original question "How do you say 'pizza' in
Klingon?" is simply {*pizza*}.