tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 27 03:19:40 2004

Re: klingon snow globe

ngabwI' ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "naHQun" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 8:54 PM
Subject: klingon snow globe

> The boss' wife walks into work today, hands me this black snow globe with
> a Bird-of-Prey inside, and decorative pIqaD on the front, pushes a button,
> which starts barking out sound effects and tlhIngan Hol, and says
> "Translate it!".
>
> I need help.  The only words I could make out were {{-Daq}} and
> {{tlhIngan maH!}}  Everything else was unintelagble by me, or covered up
> by the soundeffects (I also think she needs some new batteries).
> It has a copyright date of 1994 on the bottom.  Does anyone else have one
> of these and do you know what it says?

I own one of these, and this is what I can (barely) make out of it.:

{tujqu'choH QuQ}
{nughoS jagh}
{chech rep}??!?!? (I'm sure I'm mishearing this one.)
{So'wI' yIchu'Ha'}
{baH}
{bIjeghbe'chugh, vaj bIHegh. tlhIngan maH!}

This is the opening to CK, the text of which you can find here:

http://klingonska.org/canon/

You need to prove that you own TKD in order to see the text, so have your
copy handy when you go there.

--ngabwI'
Beginners' Grammarian
Klingon Language Institute