tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 27 01:37:46 2004

Re: boQ

qe'San \(Jon Brown\) ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

I consider myself a beginner.  Although being a fan of Star Trek was a big
factor, I started learning tlhIngan Hol because firstly I couldn't believe
it and secondly languages have always fascinated me but generally seem to
escape my grasp.. I did and still do consider it a challenge.. If I can
learn something I love then maybe other languages stand a chance and my
grasp was just an indication of lack of effort or not being more positively
focused.

I've also learnt so much more about my own language since studying tlhIngan
Hol. That in itself makes my time and effort worth while. Besides it's fun.

I used to be in contact with a teacher who was studying tlhIngan Hol.   Kids
at his school had picked up on it and after the initial titters some of the
kids met him as a school activity to learn.. These kids also happened to be
the trouble kids.. Their attitudes changed all the school work improved to
the extent that the head master gave his full support and backing.. So you
could say that as well as turning heads the language also turns lives
around.