tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 21 12:38:26 2004

Re: Support

qIno'rIq wrote:

>For one, I have no real idea where on the web I can find some
>(authoritative?) Klingon language history: As I am to prepare a presentation
>for a university course with both the topics "The KLI and History of
>Klingon" and "The Klingon Speaking community" (titles not yet fixed!). Are
>there any such pages at all? Some which you could propose preferrentially?

IIRC there's a bit of this information scattered throughout the FAQ for the
tlhIngan-Hol mailing list:

<http://higbee.cots.net/~holtej/klingon/faq.htm>http://higbee.cots.net/~holtej/klingon/faq.htm

Also check the KLI's Klingon WIKI encyclopedia:

</wiki/>/wiki/

The issues themselves are not online, but if you're serious about studying
Klingon academically, you really should get a set of the back issues of HolQeD:

/study/HolQeD.html

If you can't afford them, some libraries (e.g. The University of Chicago
Library) have a set which they might make available via interlibrary
loan.  If they won't lend the entire set, many libraries are willing to
xerox specific articles and mail them to you for a fee.  Fortunately, an
index to volumes 1-9 (March 1992 to December 2000) has been compiled by
Kathryn Tsai and is available online at:

/study/HolQeD_

Qapla'!

--
Voragh