tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 22 02:03:04 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: qeD (v)

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' SuSvaj:

>I would not assume that.  "qI'" refers narrowly to the act of signing.
>Placing ones signature on the >paper (or data padd as the case may be).
>The first thing I think of when I hear "qI'Ha'" is erasing >the signature.
>If an individual breaks a contract, or a government pulls out of a treaty,
>they don't >physically erase the signature on the document.

Well, not always, anyway; but they might do their best to see that the
document (along with the signature) is destroyed.

So {qI'} is the physical act of actually *signing* the treaty, rather than
the more abstract act of becoming affected by a treaty? I had leant more
towards the second definition, and I'd assumed that the actual act of
signing would be given by <ghItlh>.

vuDlIjmo' qatlho'. nuq luHar latlh nuv?
Thanks for the thought. Anyone else?

QeS lagh

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here:
http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail

Back to archive top level