tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 22 05:44:48 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: qeD (v)

Eric Zay ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

QeS lagh <[email protected]> wrote:
Well, not always, anyway; but they might do their best to see that the
document (along with the signature) is destroyed.

So {qI'} is the physical act of actually *signing* the treaty, rather than
the more abstract act of becoming affected by a treaty? I had leant more
towards the second definition, and I'd assumed that the actual act of
signing would be given by "ghItlh".

Let's stick to the TKD definitions and try not to insert our own assumptions here.  It says in the dictionary that "qI'" means "sign."  If you look up "sign" you get "qI'" not "ghItlh."  "ghItlh" is a far more general word.  It can be used for "write" or "marking."

SuSvaj