tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 15 02:48:11 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: qum (v)

Lieven L. Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Am Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:24:32 +0200 (MEST) hat Raik Lorenz <[email protected]>
geschrieben:

> But as I already mentioned, I'll drop this "word" anyway, as it just does
> not fit into Klingon, apperently.
> A solution might still be {che'meH vaSvo'}, wouldn't it?

Would be {che'meH vaS}, without -vo'.

For Klingons, this is simply the {vaS'a'} "Great Hall" what you're looking
for.
Check Skybox card 25:

tlhIngan vaS'a'	Klingon Great Hall

juHqo'Daq vaS'a' tu'lu'. ngoch luchermeH 'ej wo' San luwuqmeH pa' ghom
tlhIngan yejquv DevwI'pu'. DaH che' ghawran. yejquv DevwI' moj ghawran 'e'
wuqta' cho' 'oDwI' Dapu'bogh janluq pIqarD HoD.

On the Homeworld, there is a great hall where the leaders of the Klingon
High Council meet to determine policy and decide upon the fateof the
Empire. Gowron currently presides, named leader of the High Council by
Captain Jean­Luc Picard, who was acting as Arbiter of Succession.

Quvar.
 you can write klingon!
  can you speak klingon?
  [email protected]