tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 15 02:25:18 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: qum (v)

Raik Lorenz ([email protected])

> rule - surround - building/structure ?
>
> Do you mean a city wall?  Ancient cities usually had protective walls
> around
> them.  If this is what you mean, we have [ yergho ] for that.
>
> How about castle?  But then how does "surround" fit into that?
>

> DloraH

Hm. In German, there's still a distinction between castle [Ger. Schloss](as
being kind of a rulers palace; more like a chalet) and castle [Ger. Burg]
(meaning more a "surrounded military facility", a.k.a. fortress). I wanted
to subsume the meanings of:

<place from where a ruler reigns>

<not a representational castle /
not remarkably comfortable (like a chalet)>

<facility with defense walls>

But as I already mentioned, I'll drop this "word" anyway, as it just does
not fit into Klingon, apperently.
A solution might still be {che'meH vaSvo'}, wouldn't it?

qIno'rIq

Back to archive top level