tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 08 13:30:06 2004

Re: Re: Hol Sup 'oH tlhIngan Hol'e'

Christoph Pichlmann ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

(taken from the PDF file)

''But when the day comes when someone has Klingon as a native tongue the
language will start to develop in a natural way and Star Trek, Marc Okrand
and the KLI will all lose linguistic power. You can?t tell a real Klingon
how to use her language.''

'e' vIQoch!
With that, I disagree.
teH tlhIngan leghlu'be'taHqu'.
No one will EVER see a true klingon.(I tried to say ''There will never be
klingons'', but I failed at the ''be'').
tlhIngan bIjatlhmo' neH, tlhIngan SoHbe'.
Just because you speak the klingon language, (doesn't mean) you are a
klingon. (or , you aren't a klingon.)

What I mean is(that I couldn´t translate) being Klingon(or German or
American, or whatever) isn´t just a question of native language - it's the
cultural environment, and, to an extent, the physiology of your body.
Klingons are much stronger than we are, otherwise their culture would have
developed different, more like those we know.

Christoph