tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 03 09:07:41 2004

Re: models of excellent language use

From: "captain kalaa" <[email protected]>

> I have been upset very recently about my perception of
> personal attack and criticism by members of this list
> toward other members.  I have therefore deleted most
> posts except those I find particularly germane to the
> discussion of tlhingan-hol.  I am a student of the
> language, but unfortunately, I have very little time
> to spend studying it.  I also have very little time to
> read online "pissing contests".  I have made comments
> in the past and received snide remarks in return.  So,
> I will remain a member, but I will not be reading
> certain posts by certain members, who seem to get much
> entertainment out of finding fault with others, like
> old women looking out a window and finding fault with
> everything they see.  Consequently, 7 to 9 out of 10
> posts will be deleted.  I do thank all the
> hard-working members of this list who have made
> tlhingan-hol come to life for me, and I appreciate all
> the help I get by reading the email.

maHIvchuqtaH jIH lay'tel SIvten je 'e' DalaDchugh, poHlIj lo'laH
Dalo'Ha'be'taH.  tlhIngan Hol yInmoHbej noHHomvam.  boQ DaneHchugh QInvam
tIlaDbej.

For those of you who haven't figured it out yet, this argument is NOT a
waste of time.  It is in Klingon!  A verbal fight in Klingon!  What could be
more appropriate for this list?  You want to learn and practice?  READ THE
ARGUMENT!

Or would you rather we continue to talk about the weather . .  . ?

nuD Dotlh SaHbe'bogh SuStel
Stardate 4505.5

latlh: ghomvam chutmey wem QInlIj'e'.  tlhIngan Hol Dalo'be', 'ej tlhIngan
Hol 'oHbe' Soj'e'.  bIbep DaneHchugh tlhIngan Hol yIlo'.

Back to archive top level