tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 13 23:27:00 2004

Re: DCKL translation problems: {yaH}

Philip Newton ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:34:03 -0600, Russ Perry Jr <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I'm still a bit of a beginning German student, and I've forgotten
> the order for passive voice, but it would be something like "wird
> weg genimmt", right?  Someone who knows German better please
> correct...

That order would be correct for a finite form, e.g. the present "es wird
weggenommen" (it is taken away) - note that "nehmen" is a strong verb
and takes -en in the past participle as well as changing its vowel, and
that "wegnehmen" is written as one word in the infinitive, with a
(separable) prefix. In the infinitive, it'd be "weggenommen werden" with
the auxiliary verb second.

Philip

HovpoH 1506.36

Back to archive top level