tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 22 06:24:17 2004

Re: Probability

From: "QeS lagh" <[email protected]>
> ghItlhpu' De'vID:
>
> >the phrase <SISmeH DuH> "possibility [for the purpose of/in order
> >to] rain" strikes me as odd.  I just don't see "rain" as the
> >purpose or goal of "possibility".
>
> Odd; I thought this was one of the most interesting suggestions we've had.
> It beats hell out of {SISchoHghach DuH} in my opinion.

[...]

I feel quite confident that a Klingon weather reporter would dispense with
all this wordiness.

wa'leS SIS: SochmaH vagh vatlhvI'.
It will rain tomorrow: 75%.

However I agree that Klingons must have some way of talking about
probabilities: some areas of science require it.

SuStel
Stardate 4308.1

Back to archive top level