tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 15 15:04:23 2004

RE: New vocabulary and {law'/puS} variants (HQ 13.1)

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' voragh:

>   jav 'uj lu'ab tlhIngan tera'ngan je
>   the Klingon and the Terran are six ujs tall

So do nouns become grammatically singular when numbers are used? I thought
that there was just no need for an explicit number suffix, but that {'uj}
was still treated as plural. I would have expected {jav 'uj 'ab tlhIngan
tera'ngan je}, with {'ab} as 3rd person plural subject and 3rd person plural
object.

Savan.

QeS lagh

Personalise your mobile chart ringtones and polyphonics. Go to
http://ringtones.com.au/ninemsn/control?page=/ninemsn/main.jsp

Back to archive top level