tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 08 08:05:36 2004

Re: Hov = star ?

qurgh:
>I guess the problem arises when we want to talk about the Star around Qo'noS,
>and over the years I've seen it named many things, from Klinzhai to Kronos
>(there is a reference to the Kronos System on StarTrek.com). I do believe that
>the star will have a proper name and only Maltz can tell us what it is
>(and I'm
>guessing from past observations that Marc may wait until Paramount has
>given it
>a name before telling us what it is).

To add to the confusion:  In the ST6 novelization (p.22) the Klingon sun is
called Amrita and in the "Star Trek Medical Reference Guide" (197-?) it's
called Epsilon Sagittarius.  The latter is obviously the Terran/Starfleet
astronomical designation, but Amrita may be the native name (or one of
them, depending on which was the favored dialect when humans - or more
likely the Vulcans, who added it to their famous database - first heard the
word).  Since the novelizations were based on early versions of Paramount's
script, we can consider it semi-canonical; it's not fully canon because the
word was not heard in the final version of the movie.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level