tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 08 05:39:55 2004

Re: Hov = star ?

qurgh ([email protected])

ghItlh [email protected]:
> i'd have to agree that they are the same, and that words like "Hov'a'" are
> not
> among the best candidates for "sun".
> btw, i'm not saying that i disagree that they are the same, just that we
> don't know for sure.
> lay'tel SIvten

When I see Hov'a' I think of a Red Giant while HovHom would be a Brown or White
Dwarf. I don't see why we don't just use Sun. It's a proper noun, a name, so
shouldn't it be treated like one?

With other named stars we just use the name (reghuluS/Regulus for example), so
why don't we just use Sun/Sol?

I guess the problem arises when we want to talk about the Star around Qo'noS,
and over the years I've seen it named many things, from Klinzhai to Kronos
(there is a reference to the Kronos System on StarTrek.com). I do believe that
the star will have a proper name and only Maltz can tell us what it is (and I'm
guessing from past observations that Marc may wait until Paramount has given it
a name before telling us what it is). Maybe Qo'noS Hov is a good filler for
now.

qurgh

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level