tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 27 18:31:15 2003

Re: More than one rover?

Voragh gave examples:
>Although I don't know of any examples from canon, this also applies to
>other Rovers, {-Ha'} for example:

We need to mention that in the canon examples, {-Ha'} always comes first.

TKD:
It is interesting that {-Ha'} always occurs right after the verb. It is not known why Klingon grammarians insist on calling it a rover. It was felt best not to argue with
Klingon tradition, however, so {-Ha'} is here classified as a rover.

Scott willis wrote:
>I believe there was a much more logical reason for {Ha'}'s inclusion with
>rovers:
>If it were to be a type 1 suffix, it would be much more difficult to negate
>a verb used reflexively.

Yes, that's possible.
We could see {-Ha'} as a "type-zero-suffix", since it *always* occurs before all the others, right after the verb.

Quvar
[no comment]

Back to archive top level