tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 17 18:30:48 2003

Re: KLBC sentences 3/13/03

[My orders are to destroy the Enterprise]

ja' Voragh:
>chepqu' may need another hint here:  When we don't have the noun, try to
>re-phrase the idea using the verb if we have it.  In this case, rephrase
>"my orders are to..." as "he/she/they ordered me to..."

I think the thrust of the original would be better translated using an
indefinite subject, giving the equivalent of "One orders me" or "I am
ordered".

I also believe the verb suffix {-mo'} would be an appropriate grammatical
tool here, making the entire phrase something like this:

  "Because I am ordered, I [or we] must destroy the Enterprise."

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level