tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 19 13:41:01 2003

Re: "Star Trek: The Experience" communique (STX)

Tad Stauffer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

Voragh wrote:
>>AFAIK, we've never seen Okrand's correct[ed] version, nor do we know
>>exactly what "errors" he caught.]

>Quvar:
>>okay. But what you show above looks at least grammatically correct to me,
>>so perhaps the "errors" he talks about were only changes, or improvements
>>- who knows..

Voragh:
>Agreed.  The text is virtually perfect, but for those who want to dissect
>it, here's the complete text:
>   laS veghaS HIltonDaq <<Hov leng: yIjeSchu'>> qaSchoHmo', bIlopqu'meH
> HIlton yIghoS.
>
>   Come celebrate the grand opening of "Star Trek: The Experience" at the
> Las Vegas Hilton.

The only possible error that I see in the translation is with the above
sentence - since <<Hov leng: yIjeSchu'>> is the subject of {qaSchoHmo'}, I
would have expected the word order to be:
laS veghaS HIltonDaq qaSchoHmo' <<Hov leng: yIjeSchu'>>...

- taD

Back to archive top level