tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 19 10:18:29 2003

Re: {Hov leng} canon?

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

jaj 17.12.2003 rep 19:23:49, ghItlh Steven Boozer <[email protected]>:

>He also used {Hov leng} in the "Star Trek: The Experience"
>(www.startrekexp.com) opening announcement (7 Nov 1997):
>   quwargh tach Qe' je qoDDaq Hov leng Soj DatIv
>   Enjoy Star Trek themed food and drink at Quark's Bar and Restaurant.
>AFAIK, we've never seen Okrand's correct[ed] version, nor do we know
>exactly what "errors" he caught.]

okay. But what you show above looks at least grammatically correct to me, so perhaps the "errors" he
talks about were only changes, or improvements - who knows..

Beside Hov leng, I've only found three new words that I've never seen before. Are these considered
canon? May I add them to my mu'tay'?

laS veghaS - Las Vegas
HIlton - Hilton
quwargh - Quark

Anyway, they're only names... or the Klingon pronunciation of them.

Quvar 'utlh.

Back to archive top level