tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 11 16:29:59 2003

Re: KLBC: The years sometimes teach us what the days never know.

Teresh000 ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

I'd just like to say that whoever posted/edited the page
"transitive causatives" on the KLI Wiki has got a lot of
nerve. It was posted on the 8th and edited on the 9th;
coming as it does in the midst of an unresolved and
heated discussion of that topic on this list, the Wiki
article has all the earmarks of a preemptive strike.
History is written by the victors, or by the first person
to get the the Wiki homepage, huh?

The article reduces the many words that have
been written on this topic (both now and in the past)
into the skimpiest of explanations, all with a barely
disguised bias towards one interpretation and totally
devoid of any of the nuances of the discussion.

I realize the Wiki is open to everyone, but this
to me shows a lot of presumption and very little
discretion on someone's part.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level