tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 11 17:47:26 2003

Re: KLBC: The years sometimes teach us what the days never know.

ja' ter'eS:
>I'd just like to say that whoever posted/edited the page
>"transitive causatives" on the KLI Wiki has got a lot of
>nerve...

vaj Wiki ngoQ DayajHa'ba'.

qechmey DIqon wIneHqu'.  vuDmey DImuch wIneHqu'.
Wiki 'ay'vetlh gherchoHbogh nuv'e' vInaDqu' jIH.

>It was posted on the 8th and edited on the 9th;

vIchoHta' jIH.  tlhoy HoSmo' wa' mu', vIjotmoH.  lughchu'be'mo' wa' qech,
vIt wISovbejbogh vImuch.

>coming as it does in the midst of an unresolved and
>heated discussion of that topic on this list, the Wiki
>article has all the earmarks of a preemptive strike.

ghoQmo' qechmey vuDmey je, puplaw' wanI'.  HIvbe'.  HuvmoH neH.

>History is written by the victors, or by the first person
>to get the the Wiki homepage, huh?

ghobe'!  Wiki-Daq, qun qon Hoch'e'.  DaqonlaHbej je SoH.
yIbepQo' neH.  yIvang!

>The article reduces the many words that have
>been written on this topic (both now and in the past)
>into the skimpiest of explanations, all with a barely
>disguised bias towards one interpretation and totally
>devoid of any of the nuances of the discussion.

vaj yInaQmoH jay'.  vuDlIj tIchel.  Seng tI'ang.  meq tImuch.

>I realize the Wiki is open to everyone, but this
>to me shows a lot of presumption and very little
>discretion on someone's part.

voghDaq taghnIS Qu'.  DaH yItlhetlhmoH.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level