tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 15 22:12:27 1998

Re: How do I say...

In a message dated 98-09-14 15:36:44 EDT, Marc Ruehlaender & Voragh discuss:

<<
 :    najtaHvIS torgh, be' legh.
 :
 : Marc Ruehlaender

     "While Torg is dreaming, he sees a woman."

 Absolutely.  But I notice you needed to add a comma after {torgh} to
 distinguish this from:

      najtaHvIS, torgh be' legh.
      While s/he is dreaming, s/he sees Torg's woman. >>

Sometimes I see {vaj} somewhat like a Klingon punctuation mark.

Since {najtaHvIS torgh be' legh torgh} doesn't clear up all the ambiguity, I
sometimes stick in {vaj} to indicate the division of phrases, giving
{najtaHvIS torgh vaj be' legh torgh}.

This is not a recommendation to overuse {vaj}.

peHruS

Back to archive top level