tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 09 07:33:57 1998

Re: KLBC: Practice with -meH and -bogh

: Datlh HoD jang pagh:
: >>juppu'wI' DaHoHpu'bogh loDvo' vIqettaH
: >>"I am running from the man that killed my friends."
: >
: ><HoH> should have a null prefix, but otherwise fine.
:
: It also needs to be {...jIqettaH}.  I'm pretty sure {qet} doesn't make
: much sense with an object.
:
: -- ghunchu'wI'

{qet}  "run, jog" (v.)

 - qaStaHvIS wa' ram loS SaD Hugh SIjlaH qetbogh loD
   4,000 throats may be cut in one night by a running man. TKD

 - ghIj qet jaghmeyjaj [sic! no' Hol?]
   May your enemies run with fear!  TKW
   [This is the traditional acceptance upon being asked to serve as cha'DIch.
   (Sins of the Father)]

 - jaghmeylI' DaghIjjaj, qetjaj jaghmeylI'
   May you scare your enemies, may your enemies run. TKW
   [the above, in modern ta' Hol]

 - qettaH
   He/she keeps on running KGT

 - jIqet
   I run. MSN

--
Voragh                           "Grammatici certant et adhuc sub judice
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons     lis est."         Horace (Ars Poetica)

Back to archive top level