tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 04 15:35:28 1998

RE: KLBC: tobmeH jabbI'ID vIlI'

> > naDevDaq jabbI'ID vIlI'laHbe'pu'
> <naDev> never gets the suffix <-Daq>. See TKD 3.3.5. Fine otherwise.

HIvqa' veqlargh. I know that....

> > jIvumtaHvIS "email" pIm vIghaj
> This is OK, but it sounds like an English speaker's ideas wedged into a
> Klingon sentence. Here are my suggestions to improve it. First, replace
> <jIvumtaHvIS> with <yaHwIjDaq>. Your physical location, rather than your

Thats was how I thought of it, but there was no word for work, as in place
of
work, and ,of course, I didn't think of the 24th century equivalent. I think
that is one of the things I find hard about Klingon, I don't think as if I'm
on board a spaceship, and unless I'm really thinking about it I never look
see if there is some kind of star trek word that fits the bill.

> current activity, most likely determines your email address. Second, I
<snip>
> direct:
>
> <yaHwIjDaq pIm "email" QuvwIj>

That is what I was originally working on, until I couldn't find a word for
work place...

> > 'oH qay' vIQub
> First, remember your sentence order: object verb suffix. Second, don't
> forget the <'e'>
>
> qay' 'oH 'e' vIQub.
<SNIP some stuff about 'e'>

I was actually thinking about using qay' adjectivally, but now that I reread
what I wrote last night I see how silly it was.

'oH qay' - problem it.... for some reason, last night at about 8 that made
perfect sense, but now I can't believe I wrote it.

> I will leave the official word on this to Holtej, but my experience is
> that the listserv will accept mail from anyone not explicitly blocked. I
> use this feature a lot - I do most of my KLBC work at work, but I do a
> little at home on the evenings and weekends. At home, I read the archive
> and post directly to the list. It seems to work OK.

Holtej vIjatlhpu' 'ej vay' vInIDpu' 'ej Qappu'

> pagh
> Beginners' Grammarian

I recently re-read the Klingon Dictionary and I have a few questions
that I need answered. They are mainly things which have confused me
since I started learning Klingon 5 years ago.

The first problem is -lu'.... I still don't get how this works. I
understand what it means but I don't know how to look at a sentence
with -lu' in it and translate it correctly. Can you tell me how?

Qapla' jupwI'

qurgh HoD
|Bloomington Klingon Language Club|
|HTTP://listen.to/klingon         |