tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 29 13:58:33 1998

Re: KLBC: -ghach

ja' chal yItwI':

> Hey that's funny.
>
> In my _german_ version of TKD it's different.

ohohoh... The German version of TKD has _lots_ of errors in it.
Example:
DOW lists: yIH - Stamm
yIH means "tribble" (the translator obviously read "tribe" here)

If you understand enough English or if you have a good E-D dictionary, try to get the original
TKD. At least get a list of all the errors in the German edition. There's one at
http://members.aol.com/Lieven/
You can also get a program like pojwI' to look up the words (sorry, don't have the URL).

SEI: pIj Qaghqu' *Germany* Hol mu'ghomHey. tlhIngan Hol ghoj neHchugh vay' paqvetlh vIchupbe'qu'.
chechqu'law' mughwI'qoq jay'.

> It has an addendum, -ghach is in it.
>
> There are more examples like:
>
> lo'laH
> lo'laHghach
> lo'labe'Hghach (behind rover!)
>
> nadghach
> nadHa'ghach (behind rover!)
> nadqa'ghach (behind type 3 suffix!)
>
> I'm starting to wonder, wether the translator has done some 'creative work' on his own?

...and these are only a few of the _minor_ errors.....

> Is there something like an addendum in the english TKD as well? Where is ghach placed there?

Dajanglu'ta'.