tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 29 13:02:07 1998

Re: KLBC: Sormey Hol

William H. Martin wrote:

> HIvqa' veqlargh! I just looked at the English translation and
> see that pagh's suggestion maps the intended thought better than
> I thought it did. SoHvaD jItlhIj, jupwI'.
>
> charghwI' 'utlh

You'll notice  I used -vaD a couple times in my story.  Well, I apparently
didn't know how to use it until I saw you write SoHvaD jItlhIj.  I looked at
that and said, "What in the world did he do that for?  Poor fellow is off his
rocker."  Then I thought, "Well, it HAS to be right so I better figure it
out."  You see, up to that point, I was writing things in that fashion as
qatlhIj, which I now see is clearly wrong.  Now I'm combing through the posts
of the skilled speakers to learn grammar tips that I haven't figured out yet.
Like to use qon instead of ghItlh (thanks pagh!).  I find it easier to write
Klingon that to read it.  I'm working on Qov's lightening story right now.
Maybe natives aren't as static filled as foreigners.  Anyway, I'm trying out
what pagh suggested about keeping a post until I understand it completely.

About that -ghach thing, she asked me how the examples appeared on the page
explaining -ghach so I typed them.  We were speaking of the whole addendum
section, not just the wordlist.  She had different typos in her German version.

K'ryntes

Back to archive top level