tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 25 20:52:49 1998

KLBC -- 'uch = to hold (v)?

Greetings,

  This is my first post to the tlhIngan-Hol mail list.  I was wondering
about a word I came up upon that I can't find any reference to.  It is
"'uch", which appears to be "to hold (v)," based on the next two
references in the tlhIngan-Hol archives...

SuvmeH betleH vIlo'laHpa' betleH vI'uch 'e' vIghojnIS.
I must learn to hold a betleH before I can use it to fight.

wa' jaj 'etlh 'uchchoHlaH tlhingan puqloD; jajvetlh loD nen moj.
The son of a Klingon is a man the day he can first hold a blade.

  Does "'uch" mean "to hold," and where did this first appear, since it
doesn't seem to be in TDK.

					Michael

Back to archive top level