tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 25 03:25:48 1998

Re: drillmusiciangroup

lab K'ryntes:

> SuvmeH betleH vIlo'laHpa' betleH vI'uch 'e' vIghojnIS.
> That's supposed to be (I must learn to hold a betleH before
> I can use it to fight). At this stage in my study, I can't
> afford to get stubborn with someone who predates the archives. :)

> P.S. pagh, was my betleH sentence right? I got the 'e' and the
> meH in there. :)

Two problems. The first is quite simple - you need a <jI-> prefix on <Suv>.

The second is a bit more complicated. You said "I need to learn *THAT* I
hold a betleH.", but that is not what you want. What you really want to
learn is the procedure one uses to hold a betleH: <betleH 'uchmeH mIw
vIghojnIS>. Don't feel bad about this one - most people make it until it is
explained to them. I did it that way for years.

Despite the problems, this is a wonderfully constructed sentence. majQa'!

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level