tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 14 22:11:00 1998

Re: KLBC - First Attempt!

ja' charghwI':
>Realize that you used a grammatical shortcut when you said
>{munobta'}. ghunchu'wI' would be happier if you said:
>
>jIHvaD maqoch pong <<lomqa'>> lunob tera'ngan SuvwI'pu' *SEALS*.

I've mellowed a bit in the last couple of years. :-)  I accept -- nay,
I *embrace* this prefix usage.  It's a well-documented feature of the
Klingon language, not just an isolated instance of apparently sloppy
translation.

[Besides, it helps me interpret what's going on with {-moH}, permitting
me to treat transitive and intransitive verbs effectively the same way.]

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level