tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 13 23:24:02 1998

Those subtitles.

This seems to be a different writer than the one who did the last stuff posted.
I've seen a few KLBCs like this.  I find them astonishingly hard to read,
and the lack of Okrandian spellings here deprives me of the clues I usually
get with KLBCs.  Here's my best guess. It makes no sense, so can't be right,
but it's a start.

Format is:
LINE IN SUBTITLES
Apparent Klingon attempted.
"Apparent meaning attempted."
(Comments.)

Obvious lines omitted (Stovokor being a name for the pleasant portion of
afterlife, and Jadzia Dax the name of a character).

I make no comment on the variance between this Klingon and the Okrandian
rules. The general thrust is: Beginners, don't do this at home.  I would not
go to this much work to figure out what a KLBC was supposed to say.  I'd
just throw it back at the beginner with some reading to do and some easy
exercises to try.

JADZIA DAX VOND SHOO-VWEE-DUN
Jadzia Dax vanvaD SuvwI' Dun
"Jadzia Dax a tribute for a great warrior."
(The only way I can get an /nD/ out of Klingon is a transcription error in
copying two similar syllables.)

MAHH-KEKH HUH-KOO-VAHM
maH qeq Hu' Qu'vam
"We prepare days ago this duty."
or
maH qeq Hoch qo'vam
"We prepare all this world."
(Also a possibility of HoH-Qu' intended as "death duty" - funeral rites, for
someone who didn't look hard enough to find /nol/ and /tay/.)

JEH YIN-MOJ MAH-MUKH.
je yInmaj maH muH
"And our lives we sacrifice."
(Maybe 'execute' was close enough to 'sacrifice' for the writer??)

STO-VO-KOR PAH-DAHKH-TIN BAHT-LEH
Sto-Vo-Kor pa'Daq tIn batlh
"There is great honour in Sto-Vo-Kor."

EL-EEGH-CHA YAY-MOJ.
'el'egh cha'  yaymaj
"Enter onself show our victory."
(No clue!)

Martok: "We shed our blood to prove we are not frightened of death."

Worf slits his palm and presses it against a box (?) with two candles in
front of it. [Jadzia's coffin? Her ashes?]

YUWEE-MODGE.
'Iwmaj
"Our blood."

BAT-LEH-MODGE.
batlhmaj
"Our honour."

YAY-DODGE.
yayDaj
"Her victory."

(End of mission) Worf closes his eyes and recites:

LOHM-ICT-LIHJ...
lom 'IH/'IQ lIj
"Your lovely/sad corpse."
(Some context might help here.)

POSH-MACCH-LODGE
poS mach
(I don't think it's poSmoH loj[mIt].  I suspect it's the same LODGE that
turns up in PAY-LODGE below.)

PAY-LODGE PAY-DOCK-LIH DUN.
? pa'DaqlI' Dun

SHOO-VWEE-VAHM BAHT-LEH PAY-LODGE.