tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 30 16:43:45 1998

The Captain's Table: Dujonian's Hoard

It may be of note that Klingon is used, and used correctly in Michael Jan
Friedman's entry in the Captain's Table series of Trek books.  Picard is
called on to identify a device in a Romulan ship (Picard is the narrator):

    It bore a string of raised characters - distinctively Klingon
    characters, I noted - which was, I supposed, why the woman had
    summoned me to see it instead of Thadoc.

    "Do you known what it is?" Red Abby asked.

    I nodded.  "Those characters form a Klingon phrase: Wa' DevwI' tu'lu.
    Translation:  There is one leader."

					(P.147)
---

I'll note that, yes the book has the capital "W" and missing final "'".

   joel anderson * http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]
 **mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'**
     **Depart from evil, and do good; Seek peace, and pursue it**

Back to archive top level