tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 15 04:32:30 1998

KLBC: Hatlh poS

    ghunchu'wI'vaD

    I found a book in my messy small library and tried to translate a small track. As I know you don't like this kind of work, you don't need to look carefully the text. Just let me know if I the idea is ok.

    Hatlh poS

pongwIj maqlu' 'e' jIQoy
SorDaq jISo'mo' chonvo' jInargh. Dat muqopmeH DurghtaHqu'bogh
'avwI'pu''e' tu'lu'.
jInarghtaHvIS jIchoq'egh. loD quvHa'moHmo' 'e' mIpbe'qu'bogh loD jIrurchoH. Ha'DI'baH jIrur. qabwIj jImoHmoH 'ej Sut 'up/roghmoHlu'pu' vItuQchoH 'ej nIbwIj jIghIHmoHDI' SuSmey chal wIH je vIqaD.

    The open Country

I heard myself proclaim'd;
and by the happy hollow of a tree
escap'd the hunt. No port is fre; no place,
that guar and most unusual vigilance
does not attend my taking. While I may scape
I will preserv myself: and betlhought
to take the basest and most poorest shape
that ever penury, in contempt of man,
brought near to beast: my face I'll grime with
blanket my loins; elf all my hair in knots;
and with presented nakedness outface
the winds and persecutions of the sky.

Edy

Back to archive top level