tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 14 16:06:40 1998

{HoH}

I have some shocking news... I believe I have discovered the pun-origin of
{HoH}.
It is pretty slim, but it seems to be much too connected to be a
coincidence.
In Michael Crichton's "The Terminal Man" (starting on page 202 in the
paperback edition), there is a filled-out police homicide report.  It has a
lot of information on the murder (which was part of the plot, of course),
and near the top, under "Type of Crime," there you see... HoH.  This could
be an actual police abbreviation for homicide, or maybe Crichton just made
it up, but either way, Terminal Man is a pretty mainstream book.

Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level