tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 13 16:43:43 1998

Re: Schoolbook

> When I read articles on tlhIngan Hol, many times I
> find mails refering to grammatical forms I do not
> understand... I never thought much about dativ
> akkusativ, etc
> Hmmm... perhaps I should learn to speak german first??  ;-)
>
> lot'Har

  Might not be a bad idea at that--though it is an extreme solution if
you have no interest in learning German.

The first foreign language I studied was Spanish and while it is
supposed to be one the easiest for an English-speaking person to learn,
I found it to be more difficult than German or Russian.  The reason for
this was that I had no idea what all the grammatical constuctions being
discussed were in English.

I agree that an official textbook with an appropriate amount of examples
and a thorough discussion of the grammar point being learned is needed.
I am not a professional linguist and am only just getting started in
Klingon, however, I have a great deal of experience as a language
student and I would be honered to give my time, suggestions, and
whatever support I can to the one willing to begin such a project.  Any
takers?

dragonwulf
aka:  Sue Eshelman

Back to archive top level