tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 13 16:26:33 1998

Re: betleH (KLBC but also a ? for everyone)

William H. Martin wrote:

> Argh! I thought the list of "useful" expressions came BEFORE
> the addendum. I do suspect, considering some of the details
> therein, that these examples were written before the words and
> grammar of the addendum were created. It would be interesting
> to note whether any words or grammar from the addendum can be
> found among the "useful phrases". Hmmm...
>
> I just scanned through it and I think every word and every
> grammatical construction in the "Useful Phrases" part of the
> addendum are listed in the original TKD, pre-addendum. Again, I
> suggest that this example was written before Okrand
> "discovered" the word {Sam}.

HIja'.  If you compare TKD 1st edition with TKD 2nd edition, you will note that the
"useful expressions" section is wholly unchanged.  And it is also located before the
addendum in the 2nd edition dictionary.

-marqoS

Back to archive top level