tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 12 14:01:35 1998

Schoolbook

nuqneH

I just thought about a schoolbook for tlhIngan Hol.

When I was in school, I was told english by a book.
It included examplesentences like: This is a cat.
This is a house. The cat is in the house. etc.

I know, there is David Barrons postal course.
But it seems to be a little "akademic"...

That is a problem I have with the most publications.
Maybe this is because many of you are (or even seem
to be) professional linguists.

I, personally, never thought much about grammar.
I try to get a "feeling" of a language.
I did that with english and it worked out... so far...  ;-)

When I read articles on tlhIngan Hol, many times I
find mails refering to grammatical forms I do not
understand... I never thought much about dativ
akkusativ, etc
Hmmm... perhaps I should learn to speak german first??  ;-)

lot'Har

Back to archive top level