tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 06 15:54:15 1998

Re: Question

At 13:03 98-05-06 -0700, Lt. Qor'Toq vestai-Chang wrote:

}I'm new to the language, I haven't had the time id like to devote to it. =
} My question is.   "wore a face of fire  or wear a face of fire"
}
}would that be:
}
}qab qul tuQ?   or am I even close?

Not bad.  You have correctly put the object, the thing worn, before the
verb, but the noun-noun construction is likely not the way you want it.

{qab qul} is "face's fire" or "fire of face"

{qul qab} would be "fire's face" "face of fire"

You have to decide whether you mean that he wore fire that could be said to
belong to a face, or he wore a face that could be said to belong to fire.  I
expect you mean the latter, {qul qab}.

BTW: see if you can reconfigure your mailer not to send attachments in html.

}<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
}<HTML>
}<HEAD>
}------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BD78FE.5C238560--

Qov     [email protected]