tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 31 14:08:26 1998

Re: Question

>"Qor'Toq vestai-Chang" wrote:
>>I'm new to the language, I haven't had the time id like to devote to it.
>> My question is.   "wore a face of fire  or wear a face of fire"
>
>I thought "wear faces of fire" was one of the idioms in KGT, but I can't
>find it.  If the phrase isn't found in canon, why does it sound familiar?
>
>-- ghunchu'wI'

Because "Faces of Fire" is the name of a 1992 Trek novel by Michael Jan
Friedman.  The title phrase comes from the _Ramen'aa_, an ancient book of
Kahless' teachings.  From pp. 6-7 of the paperback edition:

    Darkness will fall. Enemies will circle us 'round and 'round,
    their swords as numerous as the trees of the forest. But we
    will not yield. We will wear faces of fire.

When asked by Emperor Kapronek to explain the phrase, Kiruc, son of Kalastra,