tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 01 15:11:33 1998

Re: Hech (was SaqaD)

Once, when I was on vacation, I had TKW with me and was thinking about the
proverb "toDuj 'oS rol."  Somehow I started thinking that {'oS} meant
"indicate," not "represent."  Then it came to me, "Wow, what a great
alternative to {ghItlh 'e' Hech} or {jatlh 'e' Hech}!  I composed some
sentences with that meaning for myself, and it was very useful... but when
I looked it up again in the dictionary, my hopes were dashed against the
concrete bed.

Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level