tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 30 18:33:00 1998

Re: KLBC : and

---David Baxter <[email protected]> wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> chobuQ tera'ngan vIHoH
>
> That should read : 'You threaten me and I kill the Terran.'
> At the moment, I think it reads 'You threaten me. I kill the Terran.'
>
> What's the word for 'and'?

See section 5.3.  Read it twice.  Then blink and read it again.  You
have four possible choices to translate "and" from English to Klingon.

Depends if you mean noun and noun, action and action, action and/or
action, or noun and/or noun.

You probably want /'ej/ above.  And you would put it between /chobuQ/
and tera'ngan.

Now: how would you say: "You threaten me and I kill the Terran and the
Romulan."  Look CAREFULLY where to put the second and.  It's not where
you might think.

==

Qov - Beginners' Grammarian