tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 30 18:58:49 1998

Re: KLBC : and

ja' David Baxter:
>chobuQ tera'ngan vIHoH
>
>That should read : 'You threaten me and I kill the Terran.'
>At the moment, I think it reads 'You threaten me. I kill the Terran.'
>
>What's the word for 'and'?

Qov has answered your question.  But I want to find out if you asked
the right question in the first place. :-)

Did you mean "If you threaten me, I will kill the Terran?"  That's a
completely different statement from what you asked for, but it's not
uncommon to hear them used to mean the same thing in English.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level