tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 16 14:40:45 1998

Re: KLBC: vIghro' HoHpu'bogh

---Christiane Scharf  wrote:

> > Speaking of the subject line, is KLBC a verb for you?
>
> Klingon is a Little Bit Complicated...

rpH!  That's the best suggestion I've heard yet.

> > dead,"
> > of
> > statement
> > that it
> > >
> > > I indeed meant <It had had to die>.
> >
> > I don't understand. Are you making a statement about fate, then?
>
> Kind of. The cat had had to die. It was its fate to die so young.
What's so
> strange about that sentence?

vIpIHbe'pu'.  It wasn't something I would have said.  San qelbej
tlhIngan mu'tlheghlIj.  be' Sawchugh Kirk, vaj taHmeH much HeghnISba'.
 Star WarsvaD tlhetlhmeH lut HeghnIS Luke qorDu'.  'ach qatlh HeghnIS
vIghro'vetlh?

***

> > > Qatlhqu' Qu'vam. vIghro' SeHlu' 'e' chaw'be' vIghro'.
> >
> > bIlughchu'!  ghaytan vIghro'vaD Hegh qaq law' mo' qaq puS.
>
> vIghro'vaD HeghHey 'oH mo''e'. reH tlhab neH vIghro'. tlhabchugh
vIghro',
> vIghro'vaD QobchoH ghu'. tlhabbe'chugh vIghro', *furniture*vaD
QobchoH ghu'.

cha'maH ben, quS HIvDI' vIghro'maj vIghro' mejmoH SoSwI'.  tugh mej
neHDI' vIghro', quS retlhDaq ba', pachDu' 'angtaHvIS.  maH
nughojmoHta' vIghro'.

SKI: The above (starting after the ***) is a nice thread of short
statements about cats (vIghro').  If you're a beginner just skimming
for interesting things, I recommend you work through and figure out
the various constructions.  There's simple OVS, comparative,
imperative, locative with -Daq, pronoun as to be, sentence as object,
and various suffixes.

I still say *cat* and *dog* for the terran animals.  It comes out as
<qat> and <Dogh> (or maybe <Dugh>) in my Klingon accent.
==
Qov - Beginners' Grammarian