tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 24 22:24:26 1998

Re: intermittently

At 23:06 98-01-22 -0800, peHruS wrote:
}Can (Krankor's discussion in HolQeD 6:4) -taHbe' mean do something
}intermittently, not continuously.  Now, -be' does emphasize the "not
}continuous" concept, not the whole verb+taH.

Please write in context the sentence in which you wish {-taHbe'} to mean "do
something intermittantly" and I will tell you if I think it works. With the
information you have given all I can say is 'sometimes yes.  sometimes no.'

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level