tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 19 03:37:44 1998

Re: Stinking help

ja' Q'vaD
>I posted this a few days ago and haven't gotten a response:
>
>What's the correct way to translate the word "stinking" in the context,
>"All I got is this stinking T-shirt," or, "Take your stinking hands
>off me?"
>
>As best I can tell the correct construction is He'So'taH but I'm not
>clear on whether this is the best way to convey the thought, or
>I'm not misusing the verb suffix -taH.
>
>Thanks for any assistance.

I think that you should use the adverb *jay'*  which, when added to the
end of a sentence changes the sentence to include an invective.
For example:

mIch 'elpu'             They have entered the sector.
mIch 'elpu' jay'        They have entered the *#!? sector.

You could replace the expletive with whatever you want including
stinking.
Try translating Charlton Heston's classic line from 'Planet of the Apes'

Take your stinking paws of me you damn dirty ape!

Should be fun.
qelayn
--
m109