tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 13 11:07:18 1998

Re: Good News and Bad News

someone announced:
: >|The good news - the famed MSN Marc Okrand newsgroup is on a new server -
: >|news://news.startrek.com - so I believe everyone can now access it.

I wrote:
: >Yep, I looked at it yesterday and it's available to everyone for the
: >moment. Even those of us stuck with using a non-Windows, text-based browser
: >such as Lynx over a slow modem.

DloraH replied:
: I tried, and nothing happened.

That's odd. I just tried accessing it via Netscape News at work on my lunch
break and I had no problems whatsoever - and I hadn't even used the Netscape
news reader before.  yInIDtaH!

At news://news.startrek.com there are two newsgroups of particular interest
to us:

startrek.expertforum  (Okrand and other Paramount "experts" will post to this)
startrek.xenology     (for discussing alien cultures - including things Klingon)

Mainly the few messages there discuss the new, combined newsgroup structure.
Okrand hasn't posted anything yet.

Voragh

Back to archive top level